Senior Alert Kristen

Kristen

Jan 31 2014
FOOD POISONING CAUSES 94 YEAR OLD MAN TO USE HIS SENIOR ALERT

WARREN, OH – Edward has been in and out of the bathroom all night. Sometimes vomiting, other times he had severe diarrhea. He couldn’t get comfortable. Nothing he would eat or drink would stay down. Edward was dehydrated, exhausted, and worsening by the hour.

At 5:40 am he finally decided to press his senior alert button. Emergency response team member Kristen answered his call. Edward explained his symptoms and Kristen immediately sent help.

“She didn’t know that he have been sick for hours. I am sure glad she got help there quick.” Cheryl, Edward’s relative commented.

Upon arrival EMS assessed his condition and decided to take him to the hospital. Cheryl said, “They were concerned that he had not had fluids for hours and (had been vomiting) that his kidneys may be failing.”

At the hospital, doctor’s monitored him with electrolytes and other liquids while the food poisoning took its course.

“We were so thankful that she (Kristen) took the time to notify us of Edward’s situation. We were there to comfort him while he was at the hospital.” Cheryl later mentioned.

We thank team member Kristen for her concern and care in Edward’s behalf. We also want to extend our gratitude to the medical staff that helped Edward. Having his senior alert system was critical in getting him the care he needed.